Dr. Earl Joseph IIProgram Vice President High Performance Systems, IDC
- Twenty seven years of experience in the computer industry with a focus on technical computing and high performance computing.
- Lead marketing and strategic planning functions for four major U.S. corporations, including managing divisional budgets in excess of $125 million.
- Strong track record in new market development, P&L management, R&D management, product marketing, competitive analysis, market research, pricing, distribution channel management, corporate re-engineering, acquisition planning and financial analysis.
- Founded and ran a new IDC venture: the highly successful HPC User Forum, www.hpcuserforum.com.
- Won an international anti-dumping case on supercomputers.
- Conducted research and recommendations that lead to the President's proposing a renewed emphasis on supercomputing in his 2006 state of the union address.
- Led the market research, positioning and global rollout campaigns for multiple supercomputer products.
- Member of an executive team that successfully turned around a realtime computer company by dramatically reducing corporate debt, creating strategic partnerships and completed a $70 million stock offering.
- Ph.D. in the strategic management of high technology companies from the University of Minnesota.